Tuesday, April 18, 2017

thoughts from yesterday...


you come to me as the wind
that holds the wings
of the albatross aloft
the music of spirit
the stars have sang with light

but you are also of the earth
the immaculate temple
of the sacred geometry
of molecules that could dream
no better dream
than to manifest themselves
as you--
you the warm and beating earth
and home to celestial being

and all I have sent to dance
was my voice
when earth should be held
between the hands
and honoured with the soft footprints
of a journey toward a journey
and the warm and beating heart
should be touched with
the naked glory
of nothing left to hide

and for my hunger
to reach into the soil of you
I pulled this stone up
from the ocean floor
to pretend it holds the music
that comes only on the wind
just to have a fragment
of some imaginary land
to convince me
that I can reach the shore

and every day I'm drowning
with the weight of its illusion

for you
for the love of spirit
and of soil
today I let go of this idea
of an idea of you
I placed inside
the burden of mirage
and if you would see me
sacrifice this idol
you would think maybe
it is you
I have just let go

when I have only learned
that to swim across an ocean
one must have faith enough
to surrendered the weight 
of a fragment of earth
to reach the earth

and I am forever swimming
to reach that shore

No comments: