Wednesday, December 16, 2020

I was melting down
my love
but you were not ashamed for me
you only told me fire is the path to free
so I had to let it burn
and helpless turns to power
when you see it for a cycle
that has to find an end

but I was melting down 
my love
and unsure I could survive
if not already dead
when I was only half way there
which is worse than either way
and because I could not live
you taught me how to die by flame

I was melting down 
my love
the core of my reactor
moving toward complete collapse 
and my heart became 
the method of contamination 
for even you
who was born of star
and intimate with radiation

I was melting down
my love
my bones smouldered into ash
with nothing left to be
and you are now a star again
living by the fire
and I rose from your flames
to remake myself of flesh and blood
with something wild and raging...

...but also stable

at my core

No comments: